This home has been rented.
Located in the historic district one block from the Hellman Park hiking trail and two blocks from Uptown Whittier is a unique 1 bedroom, 1 bath home nestled in a garden dotted with cottages. You share no walls with other residents, only with a garage. The grounds feature lush landscaping and onsite laundry.
The bedroom and bathroom are two steps above the living room. Your front door opens into the living room, and there is a back door in the kitchen.
- 1 bedroom with air conditioner
- 1 bath
- Stove/Oven optional
- On-site laundry
- Non smoking property
- Water, trash, sewer paid
- Gardening paid
- Small pets are OK (see below)
- Bus line 7 stops in front (Norwalk Transit, Green Line to El Monte)
- Situated one block from the Whittier Hills trailhead, popular with novice and experienced hikers from all over the region
- Whittier is an active city with a weekly farmer’s market, family fair, free concerts in the parks, active night life, and diverse population. A college town, Whittier is home to Whittier College, Rio Hondo Community College, ATI College, and Southern California University of Health Sciences. Two major hospitals are within the city, plus a major Kaiser medical site.
- A garage on the premises is also provided
- Verifiable monthly gross (before tax) income of 2.75x the rent is required.
- Refundable security deposit of 1.25x the rent required.
- Application required for every adult (18 years or older) for credit/criminal/eviction check.
- Maximum occupancy: 3 persons (1br), 5 persons (2br)
- No smoking unit
- Renters insurance must be carried.
- VantageScore Credit score above 670 expected. Scores between 580 and 670 may be eligible with additional deposit. No outstanding collections over $200.
- ResidentScore credit score of 538+ expected. Scores between 524 – 537 may be eligible with additional deposit. This score is obtained only through the RentSpree portal or TransUnion SmartMove and is the score that is used for the application process.
- No cosigners.
- Source of income criteria is calculated in compliance with CA SB329 and CA SB222.
- No private third party checks are accepted.
5) Apply online with RentSpree at https://apply.link/3sZSCX6.
Animal Policy for 6208 1/2 Greenleaf Ave:
Small indoor pets and emotional support animals are allowed, with the following:
- Mature non-aggressive housebroken neutered adult animals only, no puppies or kittens
- Animals must be under 15 lbs.
- Refundable security deposit of $300 due on move in
- Monthly animal rent of $30 per animal
- Must provide proof of current vaccination and city license and photo of animal
- Renters insurance must cover animal liability for your breed
- Tenant is responsible for all damage caused by the animal
- Animal must be well behaved and not disturb neighbors
Whittier is an active city with a weekly farmer’s market, family fair, free concerts in the parks, active night life, and diverse population. A college town, Whittier is home to Whittier College, Rio Hondo Community College, ATI College, and Southern California University of Health Sciences. Two major hospitals and a major Kaiser facility are within the city.
Businesses and industries in the area include 436 professional services, 845 retail stores, 200 family-type restaurants, 37 manufacturing plants, 7 hotels and motels, 2 new automobile dealerships and over 300 specialty shops and boutiques.
“My Name I Give To Thee”
Dear Town, for whom the flowers are born,
Stars shine, and happy songbirds sing,
What can my evening give to thy morn,
My Winter to Thy Spring?
A life not void of pure intent
With small desert of praise or blame;
The Love I felt, the Good I meant,
I leave Thee with My Name.
— John Greenleaf Whittier