Available in April was an uptown Whittier 1 bedroom cottage with a garage in very walkable Uptown Whittier. Located in the historic district one block from the Hellman Park hiking trail, two blocks from Broadway Park and the tennis courts, and two blocks from Uptown Whittier is a unique 1 bedroom, 1 bath home nestled in a garden dotted with cottages. It is a standalone house, sharing no walls with any other residents. The grounds feature lush landscaping and onsite laundry room.
The rent is $1950 per month. The refundable deposit is 1.25x the monthly rent. There is a $38 per adult fee for credit/criminal/eviction checks through RentSpree. The landlord pays for water, sewer, trash, and gardener service, the tenants pay for gas and electricity. There is a one car garage, and additional permit parking on the street. There is an on-site coin op laundry room with storage.
- 1 bedroom (12’5″ x 11’2″) with closet (5’10.5″x2’7″), hardwood floor
- 1 bathroom (7’9″x5′) with tub and shower, tiled
- 1 large living room (19’2″ x 12’4″) with furnace and air conditioner, hardwood floors
- kitchen (14’2″ x 8’2″) with back door. Gas stove may be provided if desired. Note that refrigerator space is small (30″ x 65″)
- Hallway (5’x3′) with closet (3’x1’10”) and storage cabinet, hardwood floor
- On-site laundry
- Non smoking property
- Water, trash, sewer paid
- Gardening paid
- Electricity and gas are the responsibility of tenant
- Small pets are OK (see below)
- Bus line 7 stops in front (Norwalk Transit, Green Line to El Monte)
- Situated one block from the Whittier Hills trailhead, popular with novice and experienced hikers from all over the region
- Includes a one care garage
PREVIEW PHOTOS OF HOUSE PRIOR TO INTERIOR PAINTING
- Verifiable monthly gross (before tax) income of 2.75x the rent is required.
- Refundable security deposit of 1.25x the rent required.
- Application required for every adult (18 years or older) for credit/criminal/eviction check.
- Maximum occupancy: 3 persons (1br), 5 persons (2br)
- No smoking unit
- Renters insurance must be carried.
- VantageScore Credit score above 670 expected. Scores between 580 and 670 may be eligible with additional deposit. No outstanding collections over $200.
- ResidentScore credit score of 538+ expected. Scores between 524 – 537 may be eligible with additional deposit. This score is obtained only through the RentSpree portal or TransUnion SmartMove and is the score that is used for the application process.
- No cosigners.
- Source of income criteria is calculated in compliance with CA SB329 and CA SB222.
- No private third party checks are accepted.
5) Apply online. The link for 6208 Greenleaf is https://apply.link/3lpfe5C
One small pet is allowed for responsible owners, with the following:
- Mature non-aggressive housebroken neutered adult animals only, no puppies or kittens
- Animals must be under 25lbs with a yard, under 15lbs for indoor only
- Refundable security deposit of $300 due on move in
- Monthly animal rent of $30 per animal
- Must provide proof of current vaccination and city license and photo of animal
- Renters insurance must cover animal liability for your breed
- Tenant MUST clean up after their animal immediately in all common areas and daily in personal areas
- Tenant is responsible for all damage caused by the animal
- Animal must be well behaved and not disturb neighbors
Whittier is an active city with a weekly farmer’s market, family fair, free concerts in the parks, active night life, and diverse population. A college town, Whittier is home to Whittier College, Rio Hondo Community College, ATI College, and Southern California University of Health Sciences. Two major hospitals and a major Kaiser facility are within the city.
Businesses and industries in the area include 436 professional services, 845 retail stores, 200 family-type restaurants, 37 manufacturing plants, 7 hotels and motels, 2 new automobile dealerships and over 300 specialty shops and boutiques.
“My Name I Give To Thee”
Dear Town, for whom the flowers are born,
Stars shine, and happy songbirds sing,
What can my evening give to thy morn,
My Winter to Thy Spring?
A life not void of pure intent
With small desert of praise or blame;
The Love I felt, the Good I meant,
I leave Thee with My Name.
— John Greenleaf Whittier