All prospective tenants must follow the same application process. There are no exceptions. Do not waste your time and application fee if you do not meet our requirements, we are thorough in our screening process.
- Applicants must have combined verifiable monthly gross (before tax) income of 2.5x the monthly rent, unless otherwise specified for a specific home
- Debt to income ratio will be considered
- Positive, verifiable employment history of 6 months or more.
- Applicants who rely on governmental assistance programs, private assistance, court ordered child support, court ordered alimony; pensions, financial support programs, etc. provided as sources of eligible income, are required to be independently verifiable and has to have been established for not less than six (6) months.
- We do not take third party checks, but we do accept Section 8 and VASH.
- No cosigners.
Proof of Income Notes:
- If employed, recent paycheck stubs representing 4 weeks of work are requested. 2 paycheck stubs if paid every 2 weeks or twice a month, 4 stubs if paid weekly. Some employers will require an additional authorization form to be signed (click here).
- If unemployment income is to be considered, we will need a Form DE 429Z (Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award) from the California EDD (example), a printout of the recent Payment Activity (example), and two weeks of recent Transaction Details (example).
- Court ordered Child Support recipients must provide the most recent DCSS 281 (Monthly Statement of Collections and Distribution).
- SSI income will require a copy of the Benefits Verification Letter from the Social Security Administration.
- CalWORKs recipients must provide the most recent DCSS 281 (Monthly Statement of Collections and Distribution) form.
- Self employed applicants must provide:
- a: signed IRS income tax returns for the last two years
- b: a valid business license
- c: bank statements for the last 6 months.
- School loans require an award letter for the current school year and term.
- IHSS income must be documented with a copy of the check stub or Direct Deposit Advice. Please provide the name, office, and phone number for the case manager.
We check current and prior rental history.
- Favorable recommendations from previous landlords, who are not relatives/relations, from the last two years are expected. If the applicant was a sub-lessor, we require the recommendation from the actual landlord.
- An established positive rental history of 1 year or more (exceptions for prior homeowners will be considered).
- Those with unfavorable landlord recommendations will not be accepted.
- NO EVICTIONS or unlawful detainer actions will be considered. We do check.
- A copy of your rental lease agreement will be required.
A credit score is considered in every application. The following will be considered:
- Bankruptcies will be considered if over 7 years ago
- Unsatisfied judgments will be considered, depending on amount and time elapsed
- Credit charge-offs will be considered, depending on amount and time elapsed
- Late payments will be considered
- Collections will be considered, depending on amount and time elapsed
- NO Unlawful detainers (evictions) will be accepted. If an applicant has been evicted, they will not be considered
- A Vantage credit score above 670 (good credit) is expected. Credit scores between 580 and 670 (fair credit) will be considered with an additional deposit (1.5x the regular deposit).
- A ResidentScore credit score above 560 (Accept) is expected. ResidentScores between 538-559 (Low Accept) may be considered with an additional deposit. This score is obtained only through the RentSpree portal or TransUnion SmartMove and is the score that is used for the application process.
- No cosigners.
We run a criminal background check on every applicant over the age of 17.
Applicants with prior felony or misdemeanor convictions for any of the following will not be considered.
- Sex offenses
- Drug-related charges
- Child or elder abuse
Online Application Process During COVID-19 Outbreak:
1. Once you have reviewed the information in our ad, website, or sign, contact us for more information. Discuss the home, our requirements, and your qualifications.
2. Fill out an online application based on the link in the web page for the home you wish to apply for. An application is required for each and every adult (age 18 or above) who will be living in the home.
Information will be verified by electronic communication, phone, in writing, or in person. By submitting a rental application, the applicant gives permission to us to request this verification from employers, landlords, courts, credit agencies, and any other individuals or organizations solely for the purpose of verifying the application.
3. Prepare the following documents to be submitted online:
- Copy of Photo ID for each adult applicant
- Proof of income for each adult applicant (1 month worth of pay stubs, pension / social security / retirement statements etc.)
- Proof of address (can be printed on ID, or else a utility statement in your name at your address)
- Pet / animal application if you have animals of any kind (download Animal Application v4)
You will not submit these with the initial application, but they may be required if you pass the credit / criminal / eviction check.
At this point we will do the following:
- Review application for completeness
- Review credit and eviction check results
- Review criminal history check results
- Contact employers to verify employment
- Contact previous landlords
- Review income documentation to ensure income requirements
- Verify information provided on application and supporting documentation
- Additional documentation may be required during the verification process
- Contact the applicant to discuss any questions
If the applicant(s) meet all requirements, we will offer the home for rent.
Multiple Qualified Applicants:
In situations where we have multiple qualified applicants, we will provide priority based on:
- Credit score
- A tenant who is ready to move in within 15 days
- First tenant to provide the security deposit in full
Security deposits are required to reserve the home for you, and held in escrow for the duration of your tenancy. Per state regulations, security deposits are refunded to a tenant within 21 days of the termination of the rental agreement, minus allowed deductions (for cleaning, unpaid rents, excessive wear or damage, etc). In the case of a security deposit being paid to rent the home and the tenant decides to not rent, the deposit is forfeit.